Cyber threats are evolving rapidly, as is business — more and more workers work from home or use...
Why You Should Be Securing Your Employees' Phones with YouMail
Corporate cybersecurity extends beyond just the office. Employee phones are also a critical communication tool that needs protection. Here's why securing your employees' phones with YouMail is not just a good idea, but a necessity for modern corporations, including:
- The Rising Need for Phone Security in the Corporate World
- The Multifaceted Benefits of Securing Employee Phones with Third Party Providers
- Making the Right Choice for Your Business
The Rising need For Phone Security In The Corporate World
With the increasing reliance on mobile phones for business communications, the threat landscape has expanded. Cybersecurity isn't just about safeguarding computers or networks anymore. Employees often use their personal phones for work-related tasks, making them valuable targets for spammers, scammers, and cybercriminals.
The blurred lines between personal and professional use of phones can lead to less-than-professional communications. Imagine an employee missing an important work call because they assumed it was a personal call. Or worse, imagine them receiving a scam call that appears to be from the company's bank, and giving out their password.
Business face a range of challenges in using phones:
- Data Breaches: Personal phones used for work purposes can easily become a vector for entry into a company by cybercriminals. A single compromised device can lead to broad unauthorized access to corporate data.
- Financial Losses: Scam calls can deceive employees into revealing confidential financial information.
- Reputation Damage: Data breaches erode trust among clients and partners.
- Missed Opportunities: The blurred lines between personal and professional use of phones can lead to missed opportunities.
- Legal Implications: In some cases, companies may face legal consequences for failing to secure employee phones properly.
- Decreased Productivity: Constant interruptions from spam calls can disrupt an employee's workflow, leading to decreased productivity and efficiency.
Moreover, the rapid evolution of scam techniques means that traditional methods of phone cybersecurity are no longer sufficient. But what can be done about it?
The Multifaceted Benefits Of Securing Employee Phones With Third Party Providers
Employees often use their personal devices for work, and this convergence brings about unique challenges and vulnerabilities. However, with these challenges also come opportunities — opportunities to streamline communications, enhance productivity, and bolster security.
Consider the third-party providers YouMailPS (for Enterprise) and their sister company, YouMail (consumer and small business). YouMail has been a pioneer in the realm of phone cybersecurity and enhancement. By leveraging innovative solutions such as these, businesses can not only protect their brand, but also elevate their communication standards to new heights. Here are some standout benefits of integrating an organization like YouMailPS or YouMail into your corporate communication strategy:
- Robocall Blocking & Protection: Employees are shielded from spammers, scammers, and robocalls, ensuring they only attend to genuine calls.
- Add a Second Number: Employees can have a distinct "work number" on their personal phone. This separation allows them to identify work calls and offers businesses control over that number.
- Professional Voicemail: Elevate the company's image with a unified, professional voicemail greeting.
- Auto Attendant: Efficiently route calls to the right department or individual without human intervention.
- Voicemail to Text: Employees can quickly read voicemail messages, ensuring they never miss important information.
- Conference Calls: Facilitate team collaboration with easy-to-use conference call features.
- SMS Protection & Autoreply: Safeguard text communications and set automatic replies for specific scenarios.
- Call Forwarding: Ensure important calls are directed to the right person, even if the original recipient is unavailable.
- Integrations: Seamless integration with popular tools like Slack, Asana, Dropbox, Google Drive, and Trello enhances productivity.
- Local Numbers for Employees: Especially beneficial for sales or remote employees, a local number can enhance trust and accessibility.
- Future-Proofing Communication: As businesses evolve, so do their communication needs. YouMail is at the forefront of phone service trends, ensuring that businesses are always equipped with the latest and most effective tools.
Making The Right Choice For Your Business
Choosing the right phone security solution is crucial.
When considering a third-party cybersecurity vendor for phones, it's crucial to evaluate the depth and breadth of their offerings. You’ll want to ensure that the solution offers robust protection against a wide range of threats, from robocalls to sophisticated phishing attempts, as well as real-time response. Look for solutions that offer immediate protection against emerging threats.
In addition, a great third-party phone protection company will seamlessly integrate with your existing communication tools and platforms, enhancing their functionality without causing disruptions.
You’ll want to keep an eye out for a user-friendly interface, as employees are more likely to adopt tools that are intuitive.
Finally, consider a scalable solution, that can grow tin your business, easily scaling regardless of the size of your operations. And make sure your solution also offers reliable customer support to minimize potential downtime or disruptions.
By carefully evaluating these elements, you can ensure your employees — and your sensitive data — remain protected in an increasingly digital world.
Securing employee phones is no longer a luxury but a necessity. In a world where every communication point can be a potential vulnerability, businesses must be proactive in their approach to security.
With YouMail and YouMailPS, companies get a comprehensive solution that addresses security concerns while also offering features that enhance communication and productivity. It's a win-win for businesses … and their employees. Schedule a no-obligation demo here >